What will I gain from participating in the program? You will get:
- Certificate of Completion
- Letter of Reference
- Improve your social skills, including communication and listening skills
- Help you prepare for working life
- Give you confidence at job interviews
- Make you more independent
- Improve your emotional well-being and faith in oneself
- Help you identify any additional support you may need
- WORKSHOPS aim to help participants to overcome personal obstacles
‘BEAT THE IMPOSSIBLE’ Workshop Series: This series of workshops will help you develop in the following areas,
- Work Ethics: · Typical workplace expectations · How to handle job expectations
- Dress for Success: · Self care and self image · Taking time to care for ourselves · Being gentle with ourselves
- Becoming Your Own Ally: · Overcoming self-defeating behaviours · Identifying strengths
- Motivating Your Motivation: · Goal setting · Maintaining motivation · Mapping our dreams
- Recognizing and Growing Joy: · Mindfulness · Coping with disappointments and setbacks
- Step Into Your Future: · Going back to school · Attaining employment · Furthering education
HOW Program is Offered to.
- People referred to us institutions such as the March of Dimes, YES Employment Services, Northwest Employment Works (NEW), and other various organizations.
- Additionally, students can self-refer from Lakehead University, Confederation College, high schools, learning academies and alternative schools within the region to name a few.
- Students can complete their community hours here through the HOW program
Self Evaluation Process..
- HOW participants are initially asked to complete a self-evaluation in a series of both personal and professional categories. The evaluation process is done purely to help the individual identify their strengths and/or weaknesses.
What some participants have said about their HOW Program?
"It was helpful to me as I nwo feel confident in a workplace. I've proved my effective communication skills, and assertiveness is a skill. I've learnt here , and will continue to develop".
" The workshops gave me some good advice I can use in real life , how I can achieve goods in life and picture where I see myself in 3 years an dhow to get there".
" I will take my skills I have learned and use them in future workplaces. And I will use my strengths I have gained to be a better worker in the future".
"There are a lot of work experiences offered at CCA to help develop skills like organizing and planning, strategic and operations.
Personally I've had a great experience. Thank you."